Saturday, April 11, 2009

Called by Name - Isaiah 43:1&5-7

Isaiah 43:1&5-7 - “Fear not, for I have redeemed you. I have called you by name – you are Mine. Do not be afraid, for I am with you… I will say to the north, ‘Give them up!’ and to the south, ‘Do not hold them back!’ Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth – everyone who is called by My name, whom I made for My glory, whom I formed and made.”

Thesaurus Fun:
Call – summon, invite, beckon, cry out to / label, identify, baptize
Made – created, shaped, prepared, completed

Called by Name

God calls to His own by name, and He calls us His. He says, “I know my sheep and they know Me. My sheep know My voice. I know them and they follow Me. I give them eternal life and they shall never die… No one can take them away from Me.” (John 10:14-15&27:29). It is an awesome thing to belong to God in this way! Since God has redeemed us and called us to Himself, there is nothing that we should fear, neither on this earth nor under the earth. For “God is my helper, why should I be afraid? What can a mere mortal do to me?” (Hebrews 13:6). “Do not fear the one who can kill the body, but afterward do nothing else to you, but fear God…” (Matthew 10:28). “Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34Who is he that condemns?” (Romans 8:33-34). “There is nothing that can separate us from the love of God.” (Romans 8:39-39). We don’t ever need to fear the future, either in this life or the next. For in this life, nothing happens except God allows it and if He allows it, then He will bring good out of it as He has promised (Romans 8:218). And for the next life we have His promise of a home with Him in heaven if we belong to Him, if indeed we are His redeemed. He calls to Himself all who are His, no matter where they are, when they are, or who they are.

He calls us by His Name. He invites us into relationship with Him through His name as “God my Savior” and when we are His we are called, labeled, and identified by His name as those He has saved, as those who are His. He made us with His own hands and created us exactly as He wants us to be for His glory. You are not the result of random chance. You are not the product of your parents or your environment. These things may have been used by God, but He is the One who shapes you according to His design. Scripture says, “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” (Psalms 139:14-16).

Point to Ponder
What fears are you living with? Are you willing to place them in God’s hands?

May all His children pray, “Oh, Lord our God, thank You for making us Yours - for redeeming us by the death of Your Son on the cross. We are amazed at the way You love us and that You would call each of us by name. Help us to never be anxious or afraid, for you have called us to Yourself and nothing can keep us away. No matter where we have been, You draw us to You from the ends of the earth by the power of Your name. Lord, help us to be the people You have made us to be that we would shine for Your glory just as You have made us to. You are amazing, God, and we are humbled by Your mercy. To You be all glory in heaven and on earth, forever and ever more. Amen.”

See these songs: Call to Me, I Tremble at Your Voice

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet site, I had not come across thebiblestudyjournal.blogspot.com previously during my searches!
Keep up the fantastic work!

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

This is a question for the webmaster/admin here at thebiblestudyjournal.blogspot.com.

May I use some of the information from this post right above if I provide a link back to your site?

Thanks,
James

AngelGirl said...

Everything on this site is free to share as long as you give proper credit to the writer (that's me)and this site.

Anonymous said...

I have never seen better than this site.