Thursday, November 02, 2006

# 13 Romans 7:15&24-25 NLT

Romans 7:15&24-25 NLT

I don’t understand myself at all, for I really want to do what is right, but I don’t do it. Instead, I do the very thing I hate. Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin? Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: in my mind I really want to obey God’s law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin.

10/28/06-10/30/06

As God’s children, we desire to obey Him but we still live with a sinful nature and so we must struggle against it daily. But God has put His Spirit in us and by the power of the Holy Spirit at work in us we can overcome the sin nature. As we walk in close fellowship with God, we will be able to recognize sin and in His power we can resist temptation though now we battle daily against sin, the flesh, and the enemy and sometimes fall, yet we know that in the end we will fully and finally be free when we go home to be with the Lord forever.

No comments: