Sunday, October 22, 2006

# 3. Matthew 16:24-26 NIV

Matthew 16:24-26 NIV
Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. what good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world but loses his own soul?”

9/28/06-9/30/06
We are to follow the Lord with complete and whole hearted devotion, even to the point of physical suffering and death. Anything you gain in this world is left behind at Your death and then what good will it be to you? It will never save you from judgment and hell.
Deny self – to deny my natural (carnal) self in which there is no good and to deny that I can do anything to change or save myself – to deny that I am the rightful ruler of myself or my life. If we give up our natural and worldly lifestyle and ambition in order to follow Christ, we will find true life – a life of love, peace, and purpose, we will also find that this true kind of life – dedicated to God – is an eternal life continuing after death in heaven and at the resurrection. But those who seek to save their worldly life style and ambition instead of following Christ will not find love, peace, and purpose; either in this life or after death. When they have died, they will see how empty their life truly was and know that they have not only lost the life that they had worked for, but they have also lost any kind of life at all.

No comments: