Saturday, December 16, 2006

# 28 Galatians 2:20 NIV

Galatians 2:20 NIV

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

12/12/06-12/14/06

It is self will and the sinful nature that is crucified so that the spirit of self no longer lives in the believer, but the Spirit of Christ lives in us and through us. We are now dead to sin (Rom. 6:11-13) for it was that old, sinful self that lived for sin. We are now alive to God, for God Himself as the Holy Spirit – that is the Spirit of Christ – now lives in us. He has given us a new nature, the divine nature of Christ which is a nature of complete surrender and conformity to the will of God. Our life then becomes a life of faith in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, knowing He lives and works in us and through us. Let us pray, “Our Lord Jesus Christ, help us to grab hold of what it means that we were crucified with You. May we no longer live for our selves, our ambitions. But help us to now live for You alone as You live in us. Amen.”

No comments: